Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mother's Crepe

Mother's Crepe, a Japanese crepe place has just opened in Westfield Parramatta last Thursday. 
Since it was their grand opening, they offered buy one take one for some of their crepes. And woow! 
a lot of people lined up (including us!), curiously wanting to have some bite of their delicious offerings. 




Whats unique is that they serve their crepe shaped like a cone.




They have variety of crepes to choose from. Both from savoury and sweet fillings. 
We of course have chosen the sweet ones. We ordered strawberry, banana, whipped cream, with yummy fluffy japanese cheesecake and chocolate ice cream on top.
It was glorious! 



Compared to other crepe places, theirs are really good. Price is reasonable $6 - I will be willing to pay more considering I couldn't get that yumminess anywhere else.
Don't eat it as a dessert. It can make you really full. You can have it as light lunch or snack.

The downfall? Service was rather disappointing. We had to wait for more than 30 minutes to get all our orders. The busy store only had 2 crepe makers! I counted that they have about 8 staff. Imagine yourself seeing later customers get their orders earlier than you. We were no.80 and we can loudly hear they have served no.98 already! We also had to repeat our orders 4x and clarify what was in our receipt more than 4x to some of their staff. I think the main problem was that most of their staff do not really speak and understand english and that they are not really familiar with their recipes yet. :-(

It was sad. They have a really great marketing concept, good product, yummy offerings but I just think they are not really prepared to open the store yet. Inadequate staff training and poor customer service are the things they would really have to work on. 

I fully understand they are on the baby stage of their operations so for now, I will only go back if I have a lot of spare time on my plate. Or, I will wait for some months hoping that when I go back, staff were already trained and service will be better.

Mother's Crepe
Basement (adjacent to Gloria Jeans)
Westfield Parramatta

No comments:

Post a Comment